Thursday 25 October 2007

Gay night out

If you are gay and you are in London there are several places you can go to.

My first discovery in this new chapter of my life in London has been the Retro Bar in Charing Cross. It was Tuesday and we could enjoy some fun with a pub quiz. And on top, it was Music quiz. And, to add up, it was music with the letter R. We really had fun and the hostess was great and funny. The place is a very traditional English style pub with photos of Gay Icons all around and great music. No discrimination there, all sorts of gay people (mostly men, though). The flayer reads "the only gay alternative" and I trust it. On Saturdays LUSH is the DJ and on Thursdays (except the 2nd of the month) you can be the one if you bring up to 5 of your fave tracks.
Next Wednesday I am repeating with the Halloween party. The ticket costs £3 only and it is for charity. So far, Candy Bar was my favourite gay pub, but now I'll have to reconsider it (I haven't been there for so long, anyway). My rate is high but I don't have much to compare; I give a 9/10 in gay pubs. I felt confortable there, which is not common for me, the music was fantastic, the staff was kind, the DJ great and the hostess a star.

Next we went to Ghetto, very close to Tottenham Court Road. Although it is quite a normal club, I found the music very good. It varied withing the techno and electronica, but I can say I didn't know much of it, which is a plus, because elewhere they just play the same over and over. Perhaps I am wrong and the music is common but just it isn't common to me just yet. One that I could sing was a techno version of Alanis' Uninvited. Which surprised me as never heard it before. Alanis, actually, is a Gay Icon, so not weird. At Retro you'll find flyers that will get you free entrance. Though, it is only £3 (on Tuesdays at least). The wine was bad which got me sick the day after. Next time I'll drink water. For this reason my rate is only 6/10.

5 comments:

Comer es un placer said...

Temazo de los Smiths (L)

Anonymous said...

can I maybe take you out to Victoria and Albert.

Habibi said...

Ooh! :$ Sigh!

oh well... why not?

Anonymous said...

than check your flickr account mister, please. (why sigh?)
I am always happy for new friendship opportunities *(although I have to say - I do not get these often)

Habibi said...

checked and answered.
Yes, sigh, why not?
Don't you?, well, then, you are very bold. Which is good, I guess.